Your personal information
We collect your personal information to enable us to assess your individual requirements. Personal information held by us may include your name, your business name, business address, contact numbers – mobile/landline, your email address, and some of your electricity account information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you via our websites, the telephone, in writing or email; and/or
- indirectly from third parties, if necessary.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes for which it was provided, for other related purposes, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
- provide the products or services you have requested;
- respond to your enquiries;
- process sale transactions;
- provide you with information about our events or our products and services that may interest you, and more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- register you for, and administer incentive/loyalty/reward programs;
- plan our product and service development;
- manage warranty claims;
- to complete a point of sale transaction in store or solar installation at your business address;
- enhance your experience of our websites, and make these websites easier for you to use; and
- otherwise, facilitate our business operations and processes.
You do not have to provide personal information to us if you do not wish to, but if you do not provide all the information we request, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services and with information about them.
What are your obligations when you provide personal information to others?
You must not provide us with personal information (including any sensitive information) about any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information about another individual, before doing so, you:
- warrant that you have that individual’s consent to provide their information to us.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
In order to effectively deliver our services to you, we will need to disclose your information to specific employees so that they may make arrangements for your order or installation.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our directors, officers, employees and related entities for the purpose of our business;
- third party contractors and service providers that we use or interact with in the course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products and services;
- our external service providers and advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing, support or other services.
We will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
Our commitment to data security
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or another form, from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for our business purposes and it is permissible by law to do so.
Accessing your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to access your personal information held by Committed Solar and request copies of that personal information at any time. We will endeavour to provide you with the relevant details within 30 days of receiving your request. If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete personal information you may also request this to be corrected.